Serves: 4 Preparation: 15 min Cooking: 40 min
- Wheat free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Low glycemic load
This is an incredibly easy dish that tastes as though you've spent loads of time time on it.
|1||small bunch of fresh rosemary|
|1||boned leg of lamb, about 1.25kg|
|2||large cloves of garlic, peeled|
|1/2||lemon, zest of|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper |
HOW TO DO IT
- Heat the oven to 220C/425F/gas mark 7.
- Strip the leaves off the rosemary and set aside. Scatter the twigs in a roasting tray. Open out the lamb, pat it dry and lay it on top of the rosemary twigs.
- Now put all the remaining ingredients into a food processor with the rosemary leaves and blitz into a paste. Spread the paste over the lamb.
- Roast it in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the lamb is still nicely pink inside. Set it aside to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Deglaze the roasting tray with 200ml of wine, stock or water to make a luscious yet simple gravy.
- Feel free to substitute black olives for the anchovies – say about 18 large ones.
- If you want more of an all-in-one supper dish, chop up some red peppers and a bulb or two of fennel and scatter them in the base of the roasting tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil and moisten with a splash of stock, wine or water, then lay the lamb on top and roast as above.