Carrot Cake Pancakes
featuring LEON Ketchup
Prep time 15min
Cook time 5 min
140g plain flour/GF plain flour
2 tablespoons organic sugar
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch sea salt
220ml oat milk (vegan milk of choice)
20g LEON ketchup
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 finely grated carrot
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Crushed pecans (optional, to serve)
Coconut yogurt (optional, to serve)
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt and desiccated coconut in a large bowl, whisk to combine.
- Pour your milk into a large jug, add your melted coconut oil, LEON ketchup and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add your wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, stir.
- Mix in your grated carrot and allow the batter rest for 5 minutes while preheating a non-stick pan over a medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, put in a drop of oil and spoon on 65g of batter, flip when bubbles appear, and the edges look slightly dry. Cook for another couple of minutes on the other side.
- Serve with crushed pecans, a little maple syrup and your favourite coconut yogurt.
We get a lot of compliments on our breakfast muffins. This LEON ketchup is a big reason why. But it’s not just for muffins. We’ve created a sauce using all natural ingredients including cumin, mango and sundried tomatoes that makes the everyday an adventure in flavour.