- Cook the aubergine, onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large pan until soft and starting to colour, around 8 minutes. Season well.
- Remove from the heat and add the gluten-free breadcrumbs (around 100g to start, adding more if needed), olives, chilli, lemon zest & juice and the chopped rosemary.
- Blend the mix in a food processor until it all comes together, and make sure to taste. If it needs a bit more salt, add seasoning. If it’s too wet, add some more breadcrumbs – or some more olive oil if it tastes a bit dry.
- Once you’re happy with the mix, begin to shape into 1-inch balls. You should be able to get 12-15 balls from this mix.
- Bake the meatballs for 8-10 minutes in an oven preheated to 180 degrees, or until browned.
- Serve over brown rice and top with tomato sauce, vegan aioli, with lots of fresh herbs and toasted seeds.
Meatless Meatballs Recipe
Serves: 2 hungry people or 3 regular people Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking: 30 minutes (excluding rice)
Aubergine, black olive & rosemary meatballs in LEON tomato sauce with a vegan garlic aioli. The future of fast food.
Now you can make them at home too.
|1 cut into 1-inch cubes||Aubergine|
|2 smashed||Garlic cloves|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|A handful||Pitted black olives|
|Juice & zest 1/2||Lemon|
|300g cooked||Brown rice|
|Handful||Fresh chopped mint & parsley|
|Handful||Toasted seeds, such as linseeds, pumpkin and sesame|