Honey Roasted Beetroot and Goats Cheese Cornbread
Serves: 4 Preparation: 1 hour Cooking: 20 min
- Wheat free
- Gluten free
Make this. Beets anything you'd buy from a shop. Thank you to the lovely people at HoneyBuns for this recipe.
|3tsp||cracked black pepper|
|3tsp||gluten free baking powder|
|70g||melted salted butter|
|225ml||rapeseed or olive oil|
|3||sprigs of fresh rosemary|
|1 tbsp||rapeseed or olive oil|
|salt & freshly ground black pepper|
HOW TO DO IT
- Peel and slice the beetroot into slices, approximately 1cm thick.
- Drizzle over the honey and 1tbsp olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper, then mix well.
- Roast at 170° for about 40 minutes, checking and stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir.
- Add the wet ingredients to another bowl and whisk with a hand whisk, making sure the eggs are well beaten.
- Next pour the wet ingredients into the dry mix and mix with an electric hand whisk on a med speed until all combined, do not mix for too long as too much air will get into the mix, stir around one third of the rosemary (if fresh, snip with scissors)
- Spoon into a pre-greased and lined traybake tin (approx 30 x 23 x 4cm).
- Spread out evenly with a pallet knife.
- Take the goats cheese and break into rough chunks.
- Next stud the spread mixture with the goat’s cheese and beetroot, pushing the beetroot in slightly.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the rosemary and bake in a pre heated oven set to 180 deg for 20 – 25 mins until golden brown and the goats cheese is starting to colour.
TIPS & TRICKS
- You could also bake these in a muffin tray, for party canapés.