Why did Antek make this dish?
Because I like beans and this is one of my favourite dishes!
How to make Chili con carne
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of red kidney beans
1 tin of black beans
1 tin of sweetcorn
oil, chili powder, salt, pepper
rice or pasta to serve with
1. Chop the onion. Peel and finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
2. Put your pan on the hob over a medium heat. Add the oil and when hot add the onions and cook until they’re soft. Tip in the garlic, 1 tsp hot chili powder or 1 level tbsp mild chili powder.
3. Add 500g lean minced beef and, separate it with the spoon and cook until brown.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, bring the whole thing to the boil, give it a good stir and put a lid on the pan. Turn down the heat until it is gently bubbling and leave it for 20 minutes.
5. Drain and rinse beans and sweetcorn in a sieve and stir them into the chili pot. Bring to the boil again, and gently bubble without the lid for another 10 minutes, adding a little more water if it looks too dry.
6. Taste a bit of the chili and season with salt, pepper and chili.
7. Now replace the lid, turn off the heat and leave your chili to stand for 10 minutes before serving, and relax. Leaving your chili to stand is really important as it allows the flavours to mingle and the meat.
8. Serve with rice or with pasta if you don’t like rice (like me:-)